KERALA KOUMUDI
" People ignorant about cinema behind the privatisation plan " - Adoor Gopalakrishnan
P.Sanil Kumar
Alappuzha
" There are people who are ignorant about cinema behind the new proposal at FTII ", says veteran film maker Adoor Gopalakrishnan. He adds " I will not let this happen. The private firm assigned for this purpose has nothing to do with cinema. It smells fishy when a private firm who is ignorant about cinema is approached to make the plan when there are government agencies and alumni like us. Nobody among the alumni will let this happen.
I am with the FTII students who strike for this cause. The FTII is an asset of the nation. There is no necessity to upgrade FTII to global standard when it has already groomed lot of filmmakers to the world cinema. The institute is meant for all sections of the society. The poor should be able to afford the fees. I will fight against it if the plan is to start self financed courses or privatise the institute in the shadow of the name 'upgradation'. I heard about the project has plans to make FTII a global film school comparing it with institutions that has nothing to do with cinema. The institute is not a space for the 'privatisation thirsty people'"

No comments:
Post a Comment